Download Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware for SMALLRT X3 TV Box 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM from here, here or here. Download Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware for SMALLRT X3 TV Box 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM from here, here or here. Download Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware for SMALLRT X3 TV Box 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM from here, here or here. Download Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 from here or download Amlogic Burn_Card_Maker v2.0.2 from here.
Archive name: X3(y7)_1g8g_8189-G-20170324 / X3(y7)-2g8-8723-G-20170324 / X3(y7)_2g16g-9377-G-20170325
Image: aml_upgrade_package.img / aml_upgrade_package.img / aml_upgrade_package.img
Archive file size: 427 MB / 429 MB / 429 MB
Platform: AMLogic S905x
Inside archive: firmware + Burn_card_maker_V2.0.2_20150617(905)
How to update firmware
1. Download the firmware and SD tool.
2. Unzip the compressed firmware and SD tool files on your computer desk.
3. Insert the SD card into your computer.
4. Double-click the SD tool file , and then open the SD_Firmware_Tool.exe file.
Here to choose the SD card which you use to flash. Tick this option. Choose the image fileClick the Make button.
Then it will show several windows, successively click “OK(确定)” “Start(开始)” “OK(确定)” “OK(确定)”.Click “OK(确定)”. The SD upgrading card is completed.
5. Unplug the SD card from your computer and insert it in the TF card slot on your SMALLRT X3 TV box. Then connect the HDMI cable, next plug the power, last press once the on-off key.
Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.