Archive name: Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware for Venz V10 Pro TV Box
Archive file size: 674 MB
Platform: AMLogic S905X
Build number: Amlogic/p212/p212:6.0.1/MHC19J/20170117:user/test-keys
Other: This firmware offer you the possibility to switch between Android 6.0.1 and LibreELEC 7.0.3 OS inside the box without having to use any additional tools. You can use LibreELEC for Kodi and enjoy the full functionality of Android TV Box runs on Android 6.0.1.
How to install
– Download on a PC the firmware zip file from here.
– Save the firmware zipfile: p212-ota-20170117-DB.zip on a USB stick (FAT32 format)
– Start up the V10 PRO and insert the USB stick with firmware zip file in a open USB port on the V10 PRO unit
– Go inside the V10 PRO Android menu to the Settings screen – System upgrade – Udisk – click OK on the p212-ota-20170117-DB.zip file
– The V10 PRO will now update the Android firmware to the Dual Boot firmware, it will restart itself once finished
– At the first start up you will see the boot page where it says under the S905X logo: “Press power button to launch LibreELEC”
– This power button is the red power button of the V10 PRO standard IR remote, if you don’t press it the V10 PRO will start Android after 20 second, if you do press it it will boot LibreELEC.
– Once you go to either Android or LibreELEC depending on your choice you can easily go back to the boot screen by “Power off” in Android (remote button off) and power on by the remote to boot the box, or in LibreELEC by going to the power button on the home screen and choose either “Power off” and power on by the remote button or choose “Reboot” so the V10 PRO will restart itself after.
Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.