Download latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for Geniatech S905 TV Boxes from here, here or here. Download previous firmware from here. Unzip, copy update_V001M901_20160312_OS51_normal.zip file into external storage and connect to the device, run Upgrade app, select local update option and find the file to upgrade.
Archive name: update_V001M901_20160312_OS51
Archive file size: 391 MB
Platform: AMLogic S905
Build number: stvm9-userdebug 5.1.1 V001M901_20160312 20160312 test-keys
Fixed history base on last 20160312 firmware
1. Fix to reboot failure occasionally.
2. Compatible with multiple WiFi modules.
3. Fix to fail to restore factory settings.
4. Fix bluetooth can’t rename.
5. Delete the error screen when the upgrade is complete.
6. Add the port to call the test APP.
7. Optimize the process of automatic update.
8. Optimize the icons of Ethernet state.
9. Optimize Settings app in system.
10. Fix the local video in CVBS mode can’t be full-screen playback.
11. Optimize CEC function.
12. Fixed other bugs.
Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.