Model: Nagrace HPH NT-V8 TV Box
Image file size: 1,50 GB
Platform: Rockchip RK3368
Build number: rk3368_box-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY48Y eng.mo123.20160206.124224 test-keys
Model number: HPH NT-V8
FW version: 5.1.00
Boot version: 2.40
SDK version: RK30_ANDROID5.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00
1. Before Installation
– Make sure USB Power saving mode is disabled for the USB Port you use to flash the device
– Pause Antivirus software for 10 minutes to not interfere with the flashing or cause high disk usage and don’t use your PC for other tasks while flashing
– Use a PC Back USB Port and not ones from the front or a laptop
– Make sure device was connected to PC before in flash mode and drivers were installed
2. To Install the drivers
1. If flashing for the first time, you need to install the drivers with DriverInstall.exe
2. If you recently upgraded your operating system to Windows 8.1 or higher, it’s also a good idea to install the latest drivers.
3. Let your PC recognize the device and automatically install the drivers
– Connect device with OTG Port and cable to PC
– Now connect the power adapter
– Before plugging the power adapter into the device, hold a paperclip into the reset hole of the device, keep holding it while connecting the power
You will hear a ‘click sound’ that Windows has now recognized the USB device.
– It will ask to install the drivers or install it automatically.
3. Flashing the ROM
1. Select ‘Upgrade Firmware’ in AndroidTool v2.35(Second tab)
2. Click on the ‘Firmware’ button to load the firmware(update.img that you extracted from the 7zip compressed file)
3. Click ‘EraseFlash’ to wipe your device, wait for it to finish.
4. Click ‘Upgrade’ to flash the new firmware.
5. Wait about 2 minutes after flashing and before unplugging device for firmware to settle.
6. Disconnect from PC and connect to TV.
On first boot, it might take around 7 minutes to fully load, if you see the bootanimation everything is fine, just be patient.
Next boot will be much faster.
UGOOS also set up a very nice guide to flash Rockchip devices here if more help is needed.
Correct Pass-Through Settings
-Resolution is set on AUTO
-Framerate sync ENABLED(might not be available)
-Color space is set on AUTO(might not be available)
-Audio – Set to HDMI Bitstream not Default
-Playback – Adjust display refresh rate – Always
-Pause during refresh rate change – 11 seconds
-Sync playback to display – On
-Acceleration – Allow hardware acceleration MediaCodec – On
-Allow hardware acceleration RockchipCodec – On
-System – Audio output – Play GUI sounds – Never
-Enable pass-through – On
-DD/DD+/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-HD – On
Here is a spreadsheet with Audio Receivers with best settings to use and what works
NTMC v16 Final (Nagrace Times Media Center)
– RockchipCodec, HD Audio, 3D, Auto refresh-rate switching, 4K UI Setting, improved streaming, PVR support, Working temperature display
NTMC Support in Lubuntu
Latest media libraries
Le Home Remote Control Assistant App – Scan the QR code to your Android/IOS device
Root Enabler/Disabler in Accessibility Options
Fix random ethernet MAC
Google Play Movies Support
1080p Youtube support
Fix Netflix Audio out of sync
Fix sound problems with a connected airmouse
8 GB Userdata space
For working Youtube in Kodi, can install this add-on manually.
Will post green/purple screen fix later for people with Phillips tv’s.
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.