– the phone loses signal randomly;
– using camera related apps the phone turns off or reboots;
– using wifi network with weak signal the phone turns off or reboots;
– CPU intensive requests make the phone to turn off or to reboot;
– other issues related with above problems.
I concluded that all these problems are due to faulty battery the battery life cycle ended and must be replaced. As you see in the image below, the battery was swollen inside the phone, forcing housing to crack open.
The solution is simple and you can fix Google Nexus 4 yourself, just follow these steps:
1. Buy a high quality replacement battery For LG Google Nexus from Aliexpress.com for only 9.73 USD with free shipping.
2. Follow this tutorial to replace the battery.
3. If your Nexus 4 is already on Lollipop 5.0.1, then unlock and root it with Nexus Root Toolkit 2.0.2 and then calibrate the battery, installing ‘Battery Calibration‘ application, free from Play Store.
4. Use this tutorial to maximize and optimize battery life on Google Nexus 4 – LG E960.
Now the phone is working just great, as good as new…
Enjoy, share is love!