Allwinner Announces New SoC Development Kit for Amazon Alexa Voice Service
Allwinner SoC-Only 3-Mic Far-Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS provides brand-new way to build with Alexa.
January 8, 2018 – Today Allwinner announced the SoC-Only 3-Mic Far Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS, a reference solution that streamlines the design and implementation of audio front end systems. This dev kit unlocks remarkable voice capture capabilities, allowing developers to achieve a far better AVS user experience through voice processing technologies that overcome acoustic and distance challenges. Most importantly, it eliminates the need for a digital signal processor (DSP) in the kit, thus reducing complexity and expense for OEMs. In the Allwinner dev kit, all front-end algorithms run on Allwinner SoC R18 only.
The Allwinner R18 SoC-Only 3-Mic Far-Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS provides the following benefits to OEMs building voice-enabled products:
1. Cost effective: integrates all AVS features on one single SoC, which is more cost effective than regular solutions with DSP.
2. OS Flexibility: the kit will first support Linux, with support for Android coming later.
3. Total package: Allwinner provides a platform solution with SoC, Wi-Fi, analog-to-digital converters (ADC), PMIC, and algorithms (via partner GMEMS).
4. Allwinner R18 SoC provides high performance , supporting voice products with screen added and battery operated designs.
5. Three microphones are qualified by Amazon. The kit includes additional microphones to provide OEMs with flexibility to match different product designs.”
“Our goal with the Alexa Voice Service is to make it easier and faster for OEMs to build Alexa-enabled products,” said Priya Abani, Director, Alexa Voice Service at Amazon. “The new development kit for AVS from Allwinner provides developers with an integrated set of voice processing technologies to help OEMs quickly and cost-effectively integrate Alexa into a variety of connected devices.”
“AVS currently has the best user experience among voice service providers,” said Chen Feng, General Manager of Allwinner Smart Home Business Unit: “Allwinner is dedicated to supplying simple, user-friendly, competitive voice solutions. We have been working with Amazon for smart voice platforms for a long time, this reference solution (Allwinner SoC-Only 3-Mic Far-Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS) we are going to launch can also be called AAS (Allwinner Alexa Solution), which is extremely mature and cost-effective and will provide the most flexibility for OEMs, ODMs, IDH partners as well.”
The Allwinner R18 SoC-Only 3-Mic Far Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS delivers a fully integrated and high-performance far-field reference design to make it easier than ever to build Alexa-enabled products. The integrated suite of service APIs, client software, chipsets and voice processing technologies in the kit reduces development costs and significantly accelerates the Alexa integration process for OEMs.