Model: Egreat A8 TV Box
Image file size: 693 MB
Platform: HiSilicon HI3798CV200
Image name: update.zip
Inside archive: firmware + bootargs.bin + fastboot.bin +recovery.img
Firmware version: 188.8.131.52
Build number: Hi3798CV200-eng 5.1.1 LMY48W eng.root.20171219.143143 test-keys
Firmware upgrade instructions
This version firmware has three ways to update, user data won’t be wiped. Settings –> About –> OTA Update
1. OTA Update. The device will upgrade to newest firmware after you connect internet.
2. USB Update.
3. Forced refresh/recovery system.
The instructions to force to recovery the firmware
1. Please download the forced recovery firmware, the forced recovery firmware contains the following 4 files: update.zip, fastboot.bin, recovery.img, bootargs.bin
Please do not modify the file names and copy these four files to the root directory of the U-disk of FAT32 disk format.
2. Cut off the power supply of this machine, inset the U-disk into the USB2.0 interface of this machine, with a slender hard object (something like the clip after expansion) to insert into the RST small round hole, keep holding down the RST key in RST round hole not loosened, turn on the machine power after holding down the RST button.
3. Keep the posture, release the RST button until the TV screen appears the prompt (the green android small robot animation icon) of being forced refresh/recovery system, the system will automatically complete the forced refresh/recovery system process.
4. Please be patient, after the forced refresh/recovery system is completed, this machine will automatically restart, after restart, the player can be normally put into use.
– Please do not turn off or cut off the power of this machine during the progress of upgrading, otherwise it may cause this machine can’t boot.
– The file name of the forced recovery system is very important, do not modify the file name (including capital and lower-case).
– If you failed in a check, it is likely that the file has not been downloaded successfully or the file has been corrupted, please download again.
1. UI: cancel the “smart library” entrance of the home page, restore the original The home entry is sorted in order.
2. UI: Add the shortcut toolbar “Add” interface to display the smart library and online 5.1 theater application icons.
3. UI: Add shortcut toolbar to add smart shadow library and online shortcut icon for 5.1 theater.
4. Poster Wall: Update the poster wall refresh mechanism.
5. Poster Wall: The “Download Studio” entry has been added to the category list.
6. Poster Wall: The “Online Photo Gallery” entry has been added to the category list.
7. Music playback: updated to the music player version 2.0, added support for DSD music playback.
8. Music playback: Fix some music file formats can not be played.
9. Music playback: The new music player interface can also enter the file browsing mode to select music file playback.
10. Music playback: Fix some U disk music players can not load music files.
11. Video playback: Support third-party applications to browse and play video files, you can choose to call Egreat Player for playback.
12. System: Change some APP pre-installation methods.
13. System: The new intelligent central control firmware can feedback the playback status serial command function during the infrared remote control playback operation.
14. System: The English version updates the Google Suite to the latest version.
15. APP: Added pre-installed online 5.1 movie app, you can watch Dolby 5.1 audio movies online.
16. APP: Update the smart album app to the latest version, improve the judgment of the hard disk, and optimize the experience of the smart photo library.
17. APP: Update the “My Apps” redraw icon.
18. APP: Update the broadcast screen to the latest channel version.
Overseas Department EGREAT TECHNOLOGY
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.