Download latest Android 6.0.1 stock firmware PC flash version for Minix Neo U9-H TV Box from or here, here or here. Download latest Android 6.0.1 stock firmware SD card flash version for Minix Neo U9-H TV Box from here, here or here. Download previous firmware from here. Download Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 from here or download Amlogic Burn_Card_Maker v2.0.2 from here.
Archive: U9H_FW007A / U9H_FW007A
Model: Minix Neo U9-H TV Box
Image file size: 678 MB / 736 MB
Platform: Amlogic S912
Image name: U9H_FW007A_20171020.img / U9H_FW007A.zip
Build number: Android/q200/q200:6.0.1/MHC19J/20171021:user/release-keys
Inside archive: firmware + USB_Burning_Tool_v22.214.171.124
1. Fixed the slow switching audio tracks bug
2. Added 1080p 23.976Hz and 4K 23.976Hz modes
3. Fixed bottom status bar problem
4. Fixed unable to perform clicking in some apps problem
5. Fixed a bug that occasionally HDCP disabled by itself during boot/wakeup
6. Fixed green screen bug of HBO app
7. Fixed MX player HW decoder bug when playing from SAMBA server
8. Enabled screen scale adjustment inside of Kodi app
9. Fixed VPN icon bug of MINIX launcher
OTA update procedure
1. All Apps -> System update (MINIX OTA app) -> Check for updates
2. Download the OTA update package
3. Confirm to update and let the system to reboot and complete the update process
To enable the new Kodi 17 passthrough
1. Go to Settings -> Audio -> Digital Sounds
2. If you use a HDMI amplifier, just leave it as “PCM”
3. If you use a SPDIF amplifier, choose “SPDIF”
4. If you don’t have an amplifier, simply leave this option as “PCM” (default)
5. In Settings -> Security & Restrictions -> Unknown sources -> On -> OK to confirm
6. Download and install official Kodi 17.1 stable version or latest nightlies
7. Enable passthrough in Kodi settings, you DON’T have to if you don’t have an amplifier.
8. Check those passthrough options supported by your amplifier.
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.