All-New Firmware v1.0.21 for Insta360 X3 is Out
All-New Firmware v1.0.21 for Insta360 X3 is here.
v1.0.21 2022-11-21 Changelog
1. Pre-recording function has now been added.
2. Added 4K 360 24/25/50fps modes, 3K 100fps mode.
3. Added 1080p 24/25/50fps support for Me Mode.
4. Routine bug fixes and user experience improvements.
5. Fixed connectivity issues with Airpods and some bluetooth GPS remotes.
NOTE: Due to new shooting functions being added, this update will restore camera shooting parameters to default settings. Custom preset modes within the Quick Menu are not affected.
Update via PC
– Click here to go to the firmware download page, then download the latest firmware to your PC.
– Connect X3 to a computer via the official Type-C cable, then the computer can directly access files on the X3.
– Copy the Insta360X3FW.bin file to your X3 directly, rather than to a specific folder on X3’s microSD card. Note: please make sure you delete the old firmware bin file and keep the file name of the newly downloaded firmware unchanged. Otherwise, the system might not be able to identify the new firmware, which will cause issues when updating.
– Disconnect X3 from your computer and press the power button to turn on the camera.
– X3 will check the firmware and update automatically. The indicator will flash blue during the update.
– X3 will restart automatically once the update is complete.
– After all updates are complete, swipe down on the camera’s touch screen to access the Shortcut menu, then go to [Settings] > [Camera Info] to check the firmware version.
Update via Insta360 app
– Connect X3 to your phone via the Insta360 app; Learn here how to connect.
– When you’re due an update, the app will give you an update notice, then hit ‘Download’.
– After downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to connect to X3 again and upload the firmware.
– After uploading, X3 will start updating automatically. The indicator will flash blue during the update, and the camera will restart automatically once the update is complete.
– After all updates are complete, swipe down on the X3 touch screen to access the Shortcut menu, then go to [Settings] > [Camera Info] to check the firmware version.
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.
Did this article help you? If so, please tell me in a comment what do you think about it.
Don’t miss any of our future video tutorials, follow us on Youtube. Like us on Facebook. Join our Best Deals Telegram Channel. Join our Android TV Box Firmware Updates Telegram Channel. Subscribe now to our newsletter. If you need Tech Reviewer or Youtube Influencer read this.