ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces NX Mechanical Switch Series
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the ROG NX Mechanical Switch series, a new lineup of premium keyboard switches designed to meet the demands of different gameplay styles and gamer preferences.
Following the successful launch and rollout of the ROG RX Red and Blue Optical Mechanical Switch series over the past year, ROG is excited to offer more switch options to the gaming community — with the introduction of the ROG NX Red, NX Brown and NX Blue Mechanical Switches.
The ROG NX Mechanical Switch series utilizes a standard cross-shaped stem that’s compatible with most after-market keycaps, with each switch tuned to have its own unique force curves — providing great feedback and keystroke feel. Specifically, the ROG NX Red and NX Brown Mechanical Switches are tuned to actuate and reset at the same point (1.8 mm for NX Red, 2.0 mm for NX Brown), while the ROG NX Blue Mechanical Switches are tuned to a near-zero (0.1 mm) actuation versus reset point. All ROG switches empower superb trigger and reset consistency, resulting in better gameplay experiences.
The all-new ROG NX Mechanical Switches exceed industry standards, offering a +/- 5 gf force tolerance and +/- 0.4 mm travel distance to provide consistent keystrokes across all switches for unparalleled gaming experiences.
– ROG NX Red: Instantaneous keystrokes with a smooth, linear feel
– ROG NX Red Mechanical Switches provide a 1.8 mm actuation point for fast input. Initial force of 40 gf helps prevent accidental keystrokes, and it extends to 55 gf for perfect rebound feedback. As a result, keystrokes are instantaneous and have a smooth and linear feel.
– ROG NX Brown: Balanced design for a pronounced tactile response
– ROG NX Brown Mechanical Switches have a 2 mm actuation point, as preferred by traditional brown switch users. The tactile force of 58 gf combined with a click ratio of 33% gives every keystroke an obvious, more pronounced tactile response.
– ROG NX Blue: Enthusiast-grade tactile force for firm feedback
– ROG NX Blue: ROG NX Blue Mechanical Switches feature a 2.3 mm actuation point, standard 16% click ratio, and an enthusiast-preferred 65 gf tactile force – all to provide firm and superb feedback with each keystroke.