Download Android Nougat 7.0 beta stock firmware for Egreat A5 TV Box from here or here. Download previous firmware from here. Download latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for Egreat A5 TV Box from here. Unboxing Egreat A5 Professional 4K Blu-ray HDD Media Player here. Egreat A5 Professional Media Player First Impressions & Quick Review here.
Poster V3.0.6 upgrade:
1. The poster wall function was upgraded to 3.0.
2. Add the hard disk that has been loaded with posters for offline use.
3. Add operation prompt text.
4. Add the function of deleting posters.
5. Add sorting function.
6. Optimize and update local path loading logic.
7. Optimize for direct loading of high-resolution posters.
8. Optimize the backstage acquisition speed of poster data to improve user experience.
9. Fix the problem of unplugging hard disk after adding local path as classification.
10. Fix an issue where you might not be able to add network paths on Android7.
11. Fix the disorder issue of the classification collection of local paths.
12. Add AK83 remote control adaptation support.
13. Add network disconnection and connection status prompts.
14. Add Long press the “menu” button of remote control on the home page for 8 seconds to force switching 720P60Hz.
15. Fix the login problem with GooglePlayStore.
16. Preinstall Kodi and other common apps.
17. Add the function of infrared IR on and off control separately.
Model: Egreat A5 TV Box
Image file size: 710 MB
Platform: HiSilicon HI3798CV20
Image name: update.zip
Inside archive: firmware + bootargs.bin + fastboot.bin +recovery.img
Firmware version: 22.214.171.124 beta
Build number: Hi3798CV200-eng 7.0 NRD90M eng.root.20190801.112242 release-keys
Firmware upgrade instructions
This version firmware has three ways to update, user data won’t be wiped. Settings –> About –> OTA Update
1. OTA Update. The device will upgrade to newest firmware after you connect internet.
2. USB Update.
3. Forced refresh/recovery system.
The instructions to force to recovery the firmware
1. Please download the forced recovery firmware, the forced recovery firmware contains the following 4 files: update.zip, fastboot.bin, recovery.img, bootargs.bin
Please do not modify the file names and copy these four files to the root directory of the U-disk of FAT32 disk format.
2. Cut off the power supply of this machine, inset the U-disk into the USB2.0 interface of this machine, with a slender hard object (something like the clip after expansion) to insert into the RST small round hole, keep holding down the RST key in RST round hole not loosened, turn on the machine power after holding down the RST button.
3. Keep the posture, release the RST button until the TV screen appears the prompt (the green android small robot animation icon) of being forced refresh/recovery system, the system will automatically complete the forced refresh/recovery system process.
4. Please be patient, after the forced refresh/recovery system is completed, this machine will automatically restart, after restart, the player can be normally put into use.
1. The beta firmware is just for someone who wants to try or test.
2. It only supports force to recovery the system, please click here to check the instruction.
3. This beta firmware will erase all data after you recovery the system. So please double think before you try it.
4. If you want to be back on Android 5 system, you need force to recovery the system with A5BD_EN_Firmware_20180529_v126.96.36.199_pd.rar firmware firstly, then upgrade to any version A5 Android 5 firmware.
Overseas Department EGREAT TECHNOLOGY
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.