Archive name: 2342072 JGAURORA A5 3D printer update firmware pack
Archive size: 674 KB
Image name: update firmware / A5-20180125固件 – 极光 – English / A5-20180111显示屏固件 / A5-20180125主板固件-300.hex
Inside archive: firmware + LCD update + motherboard update or to print with the computer
Update Firmware Instructions
Updates for LCD Screen and motherboard needs to be done at one time in different ways of operation.
The file for LCD update is by SD card(Shut down, copy the document, insert the SD card on the back of LCD board, and then reboot the printer), file for the printer is by square-head USB wire between PC and the mainboard with slice software –Cura.
Way for LCD update
After extracting the archive, you will get a folder and a file.
The first folder is for LCD update
Another file (xxxx.hex), connects the computer to the printer’s motherboard through the square USB cable and do operation in Cura software.
1. The steps of installing USB driver
Connect printer with computer by rectangular USB cable, then follow below steps to install USB driver:
A. Normally, it will be installed AUTO – it was installed successfully if shows as below:
B. If there is “X” icon which means installing failed 1. Then, pls click My Computer->Properties->equipment management->other equipment to find the failed driver
2. Selecting this driver and right click ,then select “updated driver Program software “
3. Select “browse computer to find the driver software”
4,find the USB driver in SD card (pls confirm USB driver in unzip folder
5 Select FTDI USB Drivers folder and click next step to install
6. Confirm install
7. Refresh the “equipment management” after install complete to check if there is any failed . If yes, pls follow above steps to operate again
8. Find the Serial Port in “equipment management” (different serial port every computer)
9. Open Cura -> machine-> machine settings -> change the serial port as same as your “equipment management ” show . Baudrate: AUTO or 250000
For importing the new firmware
“Machine” -> ”Install custom firmware” -> ”Open firmware to upload”
Unplug the rectangular USB cable ,and restart the machine.Done.
For Printing with the computer.
After loading your STL file, you can see the mark by USB as below
Print by USB cable mark
Click Print—-Nozzle/Hotbed heating
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.