Download latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for Qintex Q12 TV Box from here, here or from here. Here you can read about the unboxing Qintex Q12 M-Box Fire 4K Smart TV Box with Amlogic S812 CPU. Qintex Q12 – First impressions & Quick Review here.
Archive name: Q12-ota_qytlogo
Archive file size: 544 MB
Platform: AMLogic S812
Build number: n200C-user 4.4.2 KOT49H 20160708 test-keys
Inside archive: firmware + factory_update_param.aml + recovery.img + u-boot.bin
1. Decompress the download firmware, there are three files.
2. Copy the three files to the Micro SD card, FAT32 Format.
3. Instert the card to the Q12, connect the HDMI cable to the TV.
4. Press RES button (prepare a thin metal stick), then turn on the power.
5. It will show the update information on the TV.
6. Pls wait for the update, it will need arround 2 minutes.
7. The Q12 will restart by itself, then the update is finish
8. Attention! Equipment update system, for the first time start the machine, system startup takes about 5 minutes Time, please wait for.
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.