Archive name: N8%20Firmware%20V3.0
Archive file size: 39.6 MB
Firmware image: n8.upt
Announcement of Cayin N8 firmware v3.0 (MQA Enabled)
The main purpose of this firmware upgrade is to activate MQA audio playback capability in the N8. This has been the most frequently requested feature since launching the N8, and we are honored to team up with MQA to deliver a revolutionary audio experience to our N8 users. MQA stands for Master Quality Authenticated, an end-to-end technology which cleverly folds the master recording (using a technique called “music origami” to reduce the file size) and then unfolds on playback. All MQA-encoded music is fully authenticated and captures 100% of the original studio performance. ‘MQA’ or ‘MQA Studio’ indicates that the player is decoding and playing an MQA download and that the listener is hearing the master recording. MQA and the Sound Wave Device are registered trademarks of MQA Limited.© 2016.
New Functions and System Optimization
1. MQA audio playback capability
2. Top status bar of Now Playing screen to display ‘MQA’ or ‘MQA Studio’ to indicate that the product is decoding and playing an MQA file, and denotes provenance to ensure that the sound is identical to that of the source material. ‘MQA Studio’ indicates it is playing an MQA Studio file, which has either been approved in the studio by the artist/producer or has been verified by the copyright owner.
3. The multi-color smart LED glows blue to indicate that the unit is decoding and playing an MQA file (sample rates from 44.1 to 352.8kHz).
4. Modify volume control setting to ensure the player will remain silent at 4.4 balanced phone out when volume is set to zero.
5. Other Bug fix and optimizations
Firmware upgrades procedure
Cayin will release firmware upgrade to enhance and optimize N8 as deem required, the new firmware can be acquired through OTA or manual download, since the content of these firmware are identical, you can select whichever upgrade option that fit your needs. Please make sure the device has sufficient battery power before you proceed. Please confirm the device has not less than 50% battery power; otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to firmware upgrade.
Option 1: Local Upgrade Procedures
1. Download the latest firmware upgrade package from Cayin website (www.cayin.cn), you should receive a compressed document N8 firmware XXXX.zip
2. Decompress the zip file and extract the N8 firmware file (n8.upt)
3. Copy N8 firmware file into the root directory of N8 internal memory or TF card, insert the TF card into N8 before you proceed to next step.
4. Select System upgrade from System Setup menu, when prompted by the system, select “update via micro SD card”. You will be asked to confirm your selection, select OK to proceed.
5. The system will start the firmware upgrade immediately, you can monitor the process through the Updater progress bar.
6. The player will reboot into main menu when the firmware upgrade is completed. Please verify the firmware version number which is displayed under “About” option of pull down menu.
Option 2: OTA Upgrade Procedure
1. Connect N8 to an Internet ready WiFi connection
2. Make sure your N8 internal memory has at least 100MB available storage
3. Select System upgrade from System Setup menu, when prompted by the system, select “OTA upgrade”. The player will detect if there is a new firmware available.
4. If a new firmware is available, the player will display “Found new firmware XXX” at the top of the screen, select Download to proceed.
5. At the end of the download process, the system will prompt you to confirm “Update firmware now?” Selecting “OK ” to proceed.
6. The system will start the firmware upgrade immediately, you can monitor the process through the firmware upgrade screen.
7. The player will reboot into main menu when the firmware upgrade is completed. Please verify the firmware version number which is displayed under “About” option of pull down menu.
PS. OTA firmware upgrade is only available if your N8 has installed v2.5 firmware already. If you are using a different firmware right now, you need to upgrade through local upgrade procedure.
· N8 can support FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS formatted TF card during the firmware upgrade process.
· Do not operate the machine during firmware upgrade
· Please delete/remove the firmware file from the TF card after firmware upgrade
· Please update your Music Library after firmware upgrade
· If N8 is in charging status, the player will not reboot to main menu after firmware upgrade. It will stop at the battery charging page, you need to disconnect the USB charger to complete the firmware upgrade process.
Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.
Send us your news and press releases to publish for free or you can also send your company’s samples to unbox and review. Don’t miss any of our future video tutorials, follow us on Youtube. Like us on Facebook. Watch our photo albums on Flickr. Subscribe now to our newsletter.