Elephone U & U Pro are equipped with the same curved display as Samsung
Elephone U and U Pro are equipped with the same curved displays as Samsung, but the displays are not from Samsung?
Information on the new smartphone Elephone U and Elephone U Pro has already been published on the official website of Elephone. The advantage of these models is the use of modern processors, for example, such as Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, as well as the curved AMOLED display. Of the smartphones presently on the market, only Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note8 are equipped with this type of display. And if Elephone U9 and Elephone U Pro will get really curved AMOLED displays, they will become, respectively, the 3rd and 4th smartphones equipped with such screens.
But according to available information, Elephone did not use screens produced by Samsung for its new models Elephone U and Elephone U Pro, but then what is this display, where is it from? We had to look for a long time to answer the resource research in China, and it was found.
This display for smartphones Elephone U and Elephone U Pro is made by BOE. In China, many other famous smartphone manufacturers – Huawei, Xiaomi, Meizu, OPPO, but why the first curved displays got exactly Elephone? The answer is obvious, the influence and recognizability of the Elephone without doubt greatly increased.
The advantage of AMOLED
1. AMOLED is very thin, because the touch panel is located directly in the display matrix.
2. AMOLED is Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode, which means the main element of the display is the LEDs, i.e. LED. LEDs are often found in life, but in the display the LEDs are very small and of different colors – red, green and blue. 3 colors are able to form other different colors, right blending of pixels of different colors allows to get a certain color. In the abbreviation AMOLED, the letter “O” stands for Organic, i.e. materials that emit light when connecting an electric current are used, each pixel is a light source and therefore such a display is brighter and more contrast.
3. AMOLED studies light, but on a black screen no pixel works. Therefore, when the display is dark, it spends less energy, and in this mode of operation AMOLED saves a lot of battery life.
4. AMOLED in comparison with LCD is more flexible, and in collection with glass it is even stronger, and has excellent anti-tamper properties.
5. The color gamut of the AMOLED screen is very wide.
Elephone U PRO is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor and AMOLED screen with a diagonal of 5.99″ and FHD+ resolution, occupying 89.9% of the total area, effectively using the front side. The Elephone U Pro will be equipped with 6 + 128GB memory in the maximum version, the dual main Samsung camera on the 13MP is optimized with Arcsoft algorithms, and also has the function of excellent night shooting, depth of field and the ability to focus after shooting.
The back cover of Elephone U Pro is created using the same technologies as for Elephone S7 and Elephone S8, using Corning Gorilla Glass, 4 sides are rounded. The case is made of aluminum alloy with the use of ceramic anod technology, which is very pleasant and convenient to hold in hands.
In addition, the Elephone U Pro supports fast and wireless charging, as well as NFC.