The changes and improvements about new system firmware v0.39 for Q5s are as follows:
1. Added the support of DSD512;
2. Fixed issue where the DSD output opposite channel in USB DAC mode;
3. Fixed the issue where the input button of Q5s may need to be pressed serveral times for waking up the Q5s;
4. Improved the DAC configuration;
5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Archive name: Q5s_System_firmware-V0.39
Archive size: 2.90 MB
Archive content: firmware + Q5s_system_upgrade_tool (Q5s系统固件升级工具) + FiiO_USB_DAC_Driver-V4.47.0 + Instruction_of_ upgrading_the_Q5s_ system_firmware
Instruction of Upgrading the Q5s System Firmware
Note: Do not upgrade the Q5s using the Q5 firmware!
A. Before Upgrade
1. Ensure that you have installed the USB DAC driver(>>how to install)
2. Download the system firmware upgrade tool. Download the system upgrade firmware file.
B. Upgrade the Q5s system firmware
1. Double click to run the system upgrade tool “FiiODfu.exe”
2. Power on the Q5s, switch to USB DAC mode. Hold the “Next track” button and connect the Q5’s USB port to the computer via USB.
a. If the upgrade tool menu displays a “v0.04”, it means the Q5s is connected successfully in upgrade mode.
b. The Q5s is an upgrade model, so it is normal that the product name shows Q5 still.
3. Click “Browse” to select and open the firmware file
4. Click “Start” to start the upgrade
5. If the progress bar will not reach 100% even after one minute, click “Exit” to stop the upgrade and then repeat the steps 1-4.
6. If the progress bar reaches 100% with “Firmware upgrade finished successfully” displayed, it means the firmware was burnt into the Q5s
7. Disconnect the Q5s from the computer, then reconnect it (the same USB port). After that the Q5s will automatically install the firmware and the red indicator (the one in front of the ‘coax’mark) will light up. Please do NOT operate the device at this time and wait patiently for the red indicator to light off –meaning the installation is completed. Then you can see the firmware version is changed in the upgrade tool menu, and the Q5 is ready for use.
You could reconnect the Q5s for checking the current firmware version.