Today, Samsung Electronics introduced the Galaxy Z Flip 5G, a device that pairs the statement-making smartphone with the lightning-fast speeds of 5G to continue inspiring all-new mobile experiences.1 With 5G networks expanding across the globe, people are now experiencing the impact 5G can have on the mobile experience, helping them share more, play more, and do more, faster.
“At Samsung, we continue to put the power of 5G in millions of consumers’ hands. We continually demonstrate our commitment to make 5G more accessible to more people,” said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “We are excited to bring next-generation speed and connectivity to the Galaxy Z Flip which further expands our portfolio of 5G devices, empowering consumers with meaningful experiences to help them do more of what they love.”
Next Generation Performance
The Galaxy Z Flip introduced a stylish and compact form factor that reinforced Samsung’s ongoing commitment to expanding the foldable category. Now with 5G, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G can bring blazing-fast speeds to the palm-sized foldable device, making it easier than ever to stay connected with followers, friends, and family. The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is the first device in Samsung’s Galaxy line-up to feature the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform. This new platform maximizes the power of 5G with revved up performance to deliver faster and more efficient on-device processing with sharper imagery through improved graphics rendering.
Elevated Design & Style
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G brings the speed of 5G without added bulk, solidifying the device as one of the most stylish and compact 5G foldable smartphones available. Samsung added the components necessary to bring 5G connectivity to life while maintaining the Galaxy Z Flip’s sleek, bold form factor for ultimate portability. The Galaxy Z Flip 5G comes in two new premium colors including Mystic Gray and Mystic Bronze, all encased in glass with a haze finish that is soft to the touch while minimizing fingerprints.
Improved Foldable Experience
Since the Galaxy Z Flip first launched in February 2020, consumers have enjoyed using its revolutionary form factor to express themselves in new, imaginative ways—doing more, hands-free. Since then, Samsung has continually updated the experience for users to more easily capture, view, communicate and share content with friends and loved ones. Consumers can now get the best of the Galaxy Z Flip experience with the upgraded features with the Galaxy Z Flip 5G.
– Flex mode – Easily and simultaneously view and control content with the Galaxy Z Flip’s custom-built user experience, which utilizes its unique forward folding form factor. When the device is free-standing, the display automatically splits into two 4-inch screens so you can view content on the top half of the display, and control on the bottom half.2
– YouTube with Flex mode – With Flex mode, enjoy watching your favorite YouTube channel hands-free. While streaming on the top half of your device, you can also browse, read descriptions, and comment on the bottom half. Plus, enjoy four months of YouTube Premium with your Galaxy Z Flip 5G for an uninterrupted experience.3
– Camera Update with Flex mode – Now it is even easier to shoot from higher and lower angles with the Galaxy Z Flip. Whether you want to capture low-angle action videos or vibrant birds-eye photos of your meal, simply double-tap in Flex mode to switch the camera’s preview window from the top to the bottom half of the device.
– Multitasking – Effortlessly multi-task with Multi-Active Window by using the Multi-Window Tray to drag and drop the apps you want to use.4
– App Pair – Seamlessly open and access two apps at once using App Pair in the Multi-Window Tray, so when you are ready to share photos with a friend, your Gallery and Messaging apps will open simultaneously.
– Multi-window Tray – The Multi-window Tray is now part of a more robust Edge Panel integration, for added convenience, providing access to more apps.
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G will be available in Mystic Gray and Mystic Bronze in select markets starting August 7, 2020