With the needs of communications service providers and their customers firmly in mind, MediaTek and Ericsson are working closely together to to drive the innovation and commercialization around 5G Standalone connectivity. This test proves that Dual Connectivity – combining the wide coverage of sub-6 GHz bands with the higher data rates of mmWave on commercial hardware and chipsets – further boosts the 5G user experience with notably greater speeds and lower latency.
Sub-6GHz (FR1) + mmWave (FR2) Dual Connectivity is one of the latest 5G SA technology developments that are due to begin deployment in global 5G markets this year. Through this collaboration, MediaTek has successfully demonstrated its future-proof capability in leading-edge 5G technology features.
The MediaTek M80 5G modem technology capabilities showcase industry-leadership:
– Extreme performance sub-6GHz (FR1) + mmWave (FR2) Dual Connectivity and Carrier Aggregation
– Sustainable connections and fast speeds with FR1 FDD+TDD CA
– Long-range FR1 FDD with dynamic spectrum sharing capability
– 3GPP Release 16 standard compliance
– Comprehensive 2G-5G connectivity
– 5G standalone and non-standalone support
– Industry-leading power saving features in MediaTek 5G UltraSave.