– Flagship Rohm’s Flagship BD34301EKV DAC chip.
– XMOS XU-208 USB processor.
– Supports 32-Bit/768kHz PCM decoding.
– Native DSD512 decoding.
– Newly designed CK-03 clock processing unit.
– Qualcomm Latest Bluetooth chip.
– LDAC, AptX HD, AptX, AAC, SBC wireless transmission support.
– Low-noise power supply.
– Discrete component stabilized power supply.
– High-quality gold-plated input and output ports.
– Newly-designed high-quality knobs.
– Fully functional remote control.
– High-resolution colorful display.
– Hi-Res Audio certified.
– Input Interface: USB/Optical/Coaxial/Bluetooth.
– Output Interface: RCA/XLR.
– Output Level: XLR 4.0Vrms(Vol Fixed), 4.5Vrms(Vol Variable), RCA 2.0Vrms(Vol Fixed), 2.3Vrms(Vol Variable).
– THD+N: 0.00015%(-116dB).
– Dynamic Range(XLR): 127dB.
– Dynamic Range(RCA): 125dB.
– SNR(XLR): 127dB.
– SNR(RCA): 124dB.
– Output Impedance: XLR 200Ω, RCA 100Ω.
– USB transmission: Asynchronization.
– USB Compatibility: Windows 7 and above, MAC OSX, Linux.
– Power consumption: 5W.
– Standby power: <0.5W.
– Size: 208x185x41mm.
– Weight: 1.05Kg.
Flagship DAC Chip From ROHM
S.M.S.L adopts BD34301EKV, a high-performance flagship DAC chip from ROHM. S.M.S.L has tuned the D300 to churn out full performance out of the DAC chip achieving an ultra-low THD+N rating of as low as -116dB. It enables high-resolution signal decoding with ultimate precision and quality. S.M.S.L has paired this flagship DAC chip with XMOS XU208 an 8-core USB processor that enables high-res 32-bit/768kHz PCM and native DSD512 decoding with the device over the USB connection.
Ultra-Low Jitter Clock
S.M.S.L has equipped the D300 with a newly developed CK-03 clock processing circuit. It provides an ultra-low jitter for all the interfaces including USB, Coaxial, and Optical. This effectively improves the output signal quality from the DAC bringing you close to true & pure sound output.
Low-Noise Power Supply
S.M.S.L has designed a special discrete component stabilized power supply. It provides noise-free operation ensuring each component on the analog and digital circuits receives proper power. It is optimized for better efficiency with lower power consumption. To protect the power supply from any outside interferences, S.M.S.L has given it a properly shielded structure.
High-Resolution Bluetooth Reception
S.M.S.L has featured the latest Qualcomm Bluetooth Chip that enables BT V5.0 connectivity for audio signal reception. The device features all the latest wireless transmission codecs including LDAC, AptX HD, AptX, AAC, and SBC. LDAC transmission allows for high-resolution 24-Bit/96kHz streaming over wireless Bluetooth connection.
Multiple Output & Input Interfaces
With the D300, you don’t have to worry about available input/output options. The device brings you a full plethora of input-output interfaces including USB, I2S, Coaxial, Bluetooth, and Optical for signal input and RCA & XLR analog outputs. The output can be chosen as fixed volume(line-out) or variable volume(Pre-amp out) to suit multiple use scenarios.
Pricing & Availability
D300 is priced quite attractively at 399.99$, shipments are ready.
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.