The latest S.M.S.L SU-9n delivers most of the things the flagship SU-9 delivers with only a few things trimmed down and is available at a lower price point too. It still features the top-of-the-line ES9038Pro DAC chip this time paired with ES9311, a high-performance power supply chip to bring the best performance out of the Sabre DAC. It outperforms the flagship SU-9 in terms of distortion and provides a cleaner output among the two. What it takes away is MQA decoding and UAT codec support for wireless Bluetooth transmission.
– Flagship ES9038Pro DAC chip.
– High-performance ES9311 power supply chip.
– True 32-Bit XMOS XU208 USB receiver.
– New CK-02 Clock Processing Circuit with Ultra-low phase noise and optimized clock system.
– Qualcomm’s latest Bluetooth chip.
– High-resolution LDAC, AptX HD, SBC, AAC wireless transmission support.
– Gold-plated input & output ports.
– 1.9” TFT LCD with Tempered glass panel.
– Built-in Shielded, low noise power supply.
– Specially designed discrete component linear regulated power supply.
– High-end components such as OPA1612 dual OPAMPs are used to ensure high-quality performance.
– JAS Hi-Res Audio Certified.
– Fully-functional remote control.
– Inputs: USB/Optical/Coaxial/Bluetooth.
– PCM Decoding: 32-Bit/768kHz(USB), 24-Bit/192kHz(Coaxial/Optical).
– DSD Decoding: Native DSD512(USB), DSD64(Coaxial/Optical).
– RCA/XLR Outputs.
– Output Level(Pre-Mode): 4.8Vrms(XLR), 2.3Vrms(RCA).
– Output Level(Fixed Line-Out): 4.3Vrms(XLR), 2.0Vrms(RCA).
– THD+N: 0.000065%(-123.5dB), 0.000055%(-125dB, A-Weighted).
– Dynamic Range: 130dB(XLR), 123dB(RCA).
– SNR: 130dB.
– Output Impedance: 207Ω(XLR), 142Ω(RCA).
– Asyncrhonized USB transmission.
– USB Compatibility: Windows 7 and above. Mac OSX and above, Linux.
– Power Consumption: 5W.
– Standby Power: <0.5W.
– Size: 187.5x154x40mm(WxHxD).
– Weight: 0.79kg.
Top-Of-The-Line Performance With Top-Of-The-Line Sabre DAC
S.M.S.L has featured the flagship ES9038Pro DAC chip by Sabre Technologies for high-resolution audio signal decoding support on the SU-9N. The DAC chip is supported by ES9311, a high-performance power supply chip that allows the DAC to achieve quality performance. SU-9N outperforms the flagship SU-9 in terms of sonic capabilities with better THD+N and high SNR ratings. It achieves a pitch dark noise-free background with SNR values reaching 130dB.
Premium XMOS USB Receiver For High-Resolution Decoding
S.M.S.L SU-9N is equipped with XMOS XU-208, an 8-core USB signal receiver that provides high-resolution audio signal decoding via USB connection. The SU-9N supports up to 32-Bit/768kHz PCM as well as native DSD512 decoding with USB connections. Not only this, all inputs support DSD decoding on the SU-9n. USB supports DSD512 natively while Coaxial and Optical support DSD64 (DoP).
Advanced Clock System For Ultra-low Jitter
S.M.S.L has adopted a new CK-02 Clock Processing Circuit with ultra-low phase noise and an optimized clock system. SU-9n achieves ultra-low clock jitter, great precision, and clarity in the output signal.
Premium Audio-Grade Components
S.M.S.L is a pioneer brand for desktop audio gears. They equip their products with high-quality components in order to maintain high-quality performance. The SU-9n is equipped with 3 high-end dual OPA1612 OPAMPs, a specially designed discrete component linear power supply, and several other audio-grade components to ensure high-quality performance even in stressed environments.
Wireless Bluetooth Transmission
S.M.S.L SU-9n supports signal input via wireless Bluetooth transmission. It is equipped with Qualcomm’s latest Bluetooth processor for a strong and stable Bluetooth connection with high-res codec support. The SU-9n supports wireless transmission with up to 24-Bit/96kHz bitrate with LDAC codec. Other supported codecs include AptX HD, AptX, SBC, and AAC.
S.M.S.L SU-9 Vs SU-9N
Both the S.M.S.L SU-9 and SU-9n are very identical products. They feature the same DAC paired to a better power supply chip in the latest SU-9n. SU-9n drops the MQA decoding, UAT Wireless Codec support. It also features an XMOS XU-208 8-core USB chip while the flagship SU-9 is equipped with a 16-core XU-216 USB processor chip. In terms of overall performance, SU-9N achieves lower distortion and higher SNR ratings.
Price & Availability
S.M.S.L SU-9n is priced at 399.99$.