Download M2x firmware v2.7 (M2X Firmware V2.7.zip – update.bin) from Shanling website or Google Drive.
Download M5s firmware v3.7 (M5s Firmware V3.7.zip – update.bin) from Shanling website or Google Drive.
1. Added Ukrainian language.
2. Added In-Vehicle mode.
Intended for use in car, with M2X/M5s semi-permanently installed and with USB-C cable always connected.
When M2X/M5s detects charging, it will automatically turn on.
When charging stops, M2X/M5s will automatically turn off after 1 minute.
Turn off in-vehicle mode when using player normally.
Changes and fixes
1. Fixed Tidal
2. Improved Bluetooth volume control for use with certain TWS earphones, mainly Apple Airpods variants.
3. Improved cover art and Lyrics download function.
4. Improved SyncLink function. (new Shanling Music app V1.8.4 included alongside firmware file)
How to update
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and put “update.bin” file into root folder of Micro SD card.
3. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “TF card update” and confirm. Wait until system restarts. Check in settings About M2X/M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
4. If Micro SD card was removed during update process, M2X/M5s will show “insert TF Please”, please insert Micro SD card back into your device in order to continue update.
5. If update doesn’t start after choosing “System Update”, please check if the file has been unzipped, if the file is placed in root folder, or if the file has been damaged during the transfer.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M2X/M5s can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Connect M2X/M5s to Wi-Fi network connected to internet.
2. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “Network update”, confirm update and update will start to download and install. Wait until download and installation is completed and system restarts. Check in settings About M2X/M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
If latest version of firmware is already installed, M2X/M5s will show notification and will stop update.