New system functions
1. Added USB DAC function. Connect M6 to computer to use it as external soundcard.
2. Added Prime Mode. Switching M6 to simplified setting, with only Shanling Music app available.
Shanling Music app changes
1. Added new feature, allowing to download album art and lyrics to currently playing file.
2. Added “Specified folder scan” feature to Library update.
3. Added support of OTG memory playback.
4. Added Russian language.
5. Improved Wi-Fi transfer feature, enabling it to save files directly onto Micro SD card.
How to update
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Copy downloaded ‘M6 International V3.0 – Do not open, just copy.zip’ file into root folder of internal memory, without unpacking .zip file.
3. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon). Go to “Update”, switch to “Local Update” and locate zip file.
4. Confirm install and wait until device updates and restarts itself.
5. It’s strongly recommended to perform factory reset of M6 after updating to V3.0. This process will delete all files/apps/accounts/data from M6. Go to “Back & reset” in settings, choose “Factory data reset” and confirm. Wait until device restarts.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M6 can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon).
2. Tap on “Update” (might be “Upgrade” in older versions or in some other languages).
3. App will find new firmware update for your M6. You can choose from one of two servers and then proceed with downloading.
4. When fully downloaded, confirm installation and wait until system finishes its automatic update. After device restarts, everything is ready for you.
5. It’s strongly recommended to perform factory reset of M6 after updating to V3.0.
This process will delete all files/apps/accounts/data from M6. Go to “Back & reset” in settings, choose “Factory data reset” and confirm. Wait until device restarts.
· Shanling USB drivers are needed for use with Windows computers. Drivers can be downloaded from our official website. No drivers needed for Mac.
· Switch between USB transfer/storage mode and USB DAC mode in Quick access menu.
· USB DAC supports only PCM playback, no DSD.
· Go to Quick Access menu to switch between Prime mode and Android mode
· If latest version of firmware is already installed, M6 will show notification and will stop update.
· Build number: qcom/msm8937_32/msm8937_32:7.1.1/NMF26F/ShanLi03251318:user/test-keys