Shanling M8 New Firmware Update
Shanling M8 New Firmware Update version 1.41 is now available.
Use OTA update on your player or download update file from Google Drive (M8 Firmware V1.41 – Do not open, just copy.zip – 1.2 GB).
New system functions and changes
1. Fixed issue causing muted output
2. Fixed memory issue that could cause app crash
3. Fixed conflict between USB DAC function and Prime Mode.
4. Adjusted VU meters and added theme setting
5. Improved compatibility with m3u playlists
6. Improved Album art display
7. Improved Lyrics function
8. Other bug fixes
How to update
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Copy downloaded .zip file into root folder of internal memory. (without unpacking .zip file)
3. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon). Go to “Update”, switch to “Local Update” and locate zip file.
4. Confirm install and wait until device updates and restarts itself.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Android players can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon).
2. Tap on “Update” (might be “Upgrade” in older versions or in some other languages).
3. App will find new firmware update for your Android player. You can choose from one of two servers and then proceed with downloading.
4. When fully downloaded, confirm installation and wait until system finishes its automatic update. After device restarts, everything is ready for you.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, player will show notification and will stop update.
Did this article help you? If so, please tell me in a comment what do you think about it.
Don’t miss any of our future video tutorials, follow us on Youtube. Like us on Facebook. Watch our photo albums on Flickr. Subscribe now to our newsletter.