Model: Egreat A5 TV Box
Image file size: 623 MB
Platform: HiSilicon HI3798CV20
Image name: update.zip
Build number: Hi3798CV200-eng 5.1.1 LMY48W eng.root.20170110.141229 test-keys
Inside archive: firmware + bootargs.bin + fastboot.bin +recovery.img
The instructions to force to recovery the firmware
1. Please download the forced recovery firmware, the forced recovery firmware contains the following 4 files: update.zip, fastboot.bin, recovery.img, bootargs.bin
Please do not modify the file names and copy these four files to the root directory of the U-disk of FAT32 disk format.
2. Cut off the power supply of this machine, inset the U-disk into the USB2.0 interface of this machine, with a slender hard object (something like the clip after expansion) to insert into the RST small round hole, keep holding down the RST key in RST round hole not loosened, turn on the machine power after holding down the RST button.
3. Keep the posture, release the RST button until the TV screen appears the prompt (the green android small robot animation icon) of being forced refresh/recovery system, the system will automatically complete the forced refresh/recovery system process.
4. Please be patient, after the forced refresh/recovery system is completed, this machine will automatically restart, after restart, the player can be normally put into use.
– Please do not turn off or cut off the power of this machine during the progress of upgrading, otherwise it may cause this machine can’t boot.
– The file name of the forced recovery system is very important, do not modify the file name (including capital and lower-case).
– If you failed in a check, it is likely that the file has not been downloaded successfully or the file has been corrupted, please download again.
1. Poster-wall: New poster analysis engine
2. Poster-wall: Optimized poster wall load speed and Improve the display recognition rate
3. Poster-wall: Add DVD icon
4. Poster-wall: Improved text selected state display
5. Poster-wall:Folder containing .nomedia files will be automatically filtered
6. Player: Added support MVC 3D MKV format playback
7. Player: Added support DivX 5 format playback
8. Player: Added subtitle and OSD 3D depth adjustment
9. Player: Added auto playback function when power on(For videos in autoplay file of local play)
10. Player: Optimized buffering problem in network (Samba,NFS) playback
11. Player: Resolved some format video and audio out of sync problem
12. Player: Optimized the playback fluency when “Auto frame rate switch” is off
13. Player: Changed the tip position of ‘volume setting is prohibited in passthrough mode’
14. Player: Solved lagging or stutter in some DTS-HD audio format
15. System: Fix Samba/NFS copy speed from PC to Egreat A5/A10
16. System: Support copy files over 1G from MAC or Linux system to A5/A10 shared folder
17. System: Revised some OSD language translation
18. System: Only standard IP address can be added in network share address
Overseas Department EGREAT TECHNOLOGY
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.