Download Android 4.4.4 firmware for TOUMEI C800 Mini Video Projector from here, here or here. Download Android 7.1.2 firmware for TOUMEI C800 Mini Video Projector from here. Download Rockchip Driver Assistant v4.4 from here and download Rockchip Batch Tool v1.8 from here.
Archive size: 488 MB
Platform: Rockchip RK3128 / RK312A
Image name: update.img
FW version: 4.4.04
Boot version: 2.31
Model number: C800series
Build number: C800series-20180126 /
Firmware Upgrading method from Android 4.4.4 to Android 7.1.2
NOTE: This upgrade only work for A and B series, you can check it by the bar code at the bottom of the projector.
1. Download firmware and relevant tools for upgrading:
2. Install Windows driver.
For Windows7 install –> NEW-DriverAssitant-v4.1.1.zip
For Windows10 install –> NEW-DriverAssitant-v4.4..zip
The Mac system needs to find its own driver.
3. Open the factory upgrade tool and select the language.
4. Download update.img file to the computer. Click the “Firmware” button and open the file then click the “Run” button
5. Connect the projector to the power. Connect the projector to the computer with a two-headed USB cable.
6. Insert a cylinder with a diameter of 3mm into the headphone hole and press the “BOOT” button inside the headphone hole，Press the “POWER” button and the “BOOT” button for 3 seconds at the same time When the machine is off state. The computer identifies the projector and begins to automatically upgrade.
7. The first upgrade of android 4.4 will show that the upgrade failed，Use the wire to press the reset button on the back of the machine.
8. After the projector is turned off, repeat the step 6. The machine will complete the upgrade automatically. Unplug the USB cable when the machine is automatically turned on and appear on the main interface. Upgrade success!
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.