Model: Egreat A8 TV Box
Image file size: 696 MB
Platform: HiSilicon HI3798CV200
Image name: update.zip
Inside archive: firmware + bootargs.bin + fastboot.bin +recovery.img
Firmware version: 188.8.131.52
Build number: Hi3798CV200-eng 5.1.1 LMY48W eng.root.20190826.094943 test-keys
Firmware upgrade instructions
This version firmware has three ways to update, user data won’t be wiped. Settings –> About –> OTA Update
1. OTA Update. The device will upgrade to newest firmware after you connect internet.
2. USB Update.
3. Forced refresh/recovery system.
The instructions to force to recovery the firmware
1. Please download the forced recovery firmware, the forced recovery firmware contains the following 4 files: update.zip, fastboot.bin, recovery.img, bootargs.bin
Please do not modify the file names and copy these four files to the root directory of the U-disk of FAT32 disk format.
2. Cut off the power supply of this machine, inset the U-disk into the USB2.0 interface of this machine, with a slender hard object (something like the clip after expansion) to insert into the RST small round hole, keep holding down the RST key in RST round hole not loosened, turn on the machine power after holding down the RST button.
3. Keep the posture, release the RST button until the TV screen appears the prompt (the green android small robot animation icon) of being forced refresh/recovery system, the system will automatically complete the forced refresh/recovery system process.
4. Please be patient, after the forced refresh/recovery system is completed, this machine will automatically restart, after restart, the player can be normally put into use.
– Please do not turn off or cut off the power of this machine during the progress of upgrading, otherwise it may cause this machine can’t boot.
– The file name of the forced recovery system is very important, do not modify the file name (including capital and lower-case).
– If you failed in a check, it is likely that the file has not been downloaded successfully or the file has been corrupted, please download again.
1. Significantly increase the boot speed;
2. Solve the problem of unable to start and shut down normally;
3. You can choose to use poster wall V3.0 or V2.0 (default V3.0);
4. The poster wall V3.0 function is greatly upgraded;
5. Can close the firmware upgrade prompt;
6. Added central control status feedback.
Detailed update points:
1. Poster wall V3: Added online subtitle function.
2. Poster wall V3: Added the function of displaying all storage devices first in the file display mode.
3. Poster wall V3: Added the option to display files or poster walls first.
4. Poster wall V3: Added search function.
5. Poster wall V3: Added record search history function.
6. Poster wall V3: Added the confirmation for deleting videos or posters.
7. Poster wall V3: Added automatic filtering of files containing sample in the file name.
8. Poster wall V3: Fixed the issue that the eighth season of “Game of Thrones” would not be stacked.
9. Poster wall V3: Fixed the problem that classification may not be accessible after custom classification.
10. Settings: Settings-> New poster wall version selection during playback.
11. Settings: Added “Do not prompt firmware online upgrade” switch in Settings-> About.
12. Settings: Added “Memory Play” switch in Settings-> Play.
13. System: Fix the problem that the standby indicator does not light after shutdown.
14. System: Fix the problem that the system fails to start normally due to failure to shut down.
15, system: optimization: greatly speed up the boot.
16. System: After using “Memory Clean Up”, the poster wall v3.0 posters are not displayed.
17. System: Fix the issue of customizing no picture in background
18. Intelligent control: adapt to the state feedback of the control, play, pause, stop, etc in AIKS system
19.Built-in applications updated to the latest version
Overseas Department EGREAT TECHNOLOGY
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.