Download Android 7.1 stock firmware for Mecool M8S PRO W TV Box from here or here. Download previous firmware from here. Download Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.1.6 from here or download Amlogic Burn_Card_Maker v2.0.2 from here.
Model: Mecool M8S PRO W TV Box
Image file size: 639 MB
Platform: Amlogic S905W
Build number: Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20180802.182556.V0213:userdebug/
M8S PRO W USB Upgrade Guide
1. Copy the upgrade files to the root of TF card or USB device. (Tips: TF card or USB device file system must be FAT32 format)
2. If use USB device to upgrade. Plug it into the OTG host of the box.
3. Switch to APPS List, Find out the “UPDATE” application, and Press OK Key into sub-menu.
4. Move the cursor to “Local Update” button, Press OK key to select the upgrade file. To be find out the upgrade file and Press OK key to confirm.
5. Select the two checkbox of wipe data and Wipe Media. Move the cursor to “ Confirm” button and Press OK key to upgrade
6. The upgrade process will take 3mins approximately. Please don’t power off during the upgrading . After upgrade finished, the box will reboot automatically.
Caution: Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.