Unboxing Beelink GT-King Pro, the Most Powerful Android TV Box gets better
Best Deal Alert! You can now buy Beelink GT-King Pro 4GB LPDDR4 + 64GB ROM TV Box with Voice Remote from Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon DE, Amazon ES, Amazon UK or Amazon IT.
Meet Beelink GT-King Pro TV Box
The recently released GT-King Pro is the upgraded version of the GT-King, and the latest addition to Beelink’s TV box lineup. The Amlogic S922X-H chipset (Hexa-core big.LITTLE CPU, Mali-G52MP6 GPU, 12nm manufacturing process) in the GT-King Pro is almost identical to the S922X inside the GT-King, the only difference being that the former has DTS Listen and Dolby Audio licenses. The Pro variant has a new metal case, a few more ports and most importantly, dual ESS ES9018 HiFi DAC which can drive headphones with an impedance of up to 600Ω.
The Beelink GT King Pro comes with refined retail packaging, the highlighted skull on the front of the black box looks extremely cool. In addition to the GT-King Pro tv box itself, inside the box you’ll find a 18W DC Adapter, an HDMI cable, a remote and a user manual. The user manual offers instructions in multi-languages: English, German, French, Chinese and Japanese.
The GT-King Pro looks like a completely different device when lying side by side with the GT-King. With a more premium metal case and bright blue finish, the Pro variant has the form factor more of a mini PC rather than a TV box. Only the skull on the top side, which looks identical to the one on the famous Skull Canyon mini PC, reminds us of its relation to the GT-King model. Audio performance is a major selling point of the GT-king Pro, so you can also find “DTS Listen” & “Dolby Audio” licenses on the top side.
The front plays host to an IR receiver, which works well with the stock remote coming with the box. There’s also a tiny LED indicator, which will light up in white when the box is booted. The left and right sides play host to 4 USB ports (3 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 port with OTG), 1 SDXC card slot and some vents. The back side of the box sports a DC-in port, an RS232 port, an HDMI 2.1 port, an Ethernet connector, and a 3.5mm audio jack. There’s also a beautiful red power button, just like the one found on some Beelink’s mini PC.
The TV Box is running Android 9.0 operation system which offers very strong compatibility. This would make the TV box compatible with more software, games, and applications which would definitely improve user experience. It features Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz + 5.8 GHz) for efficient, stable output of data and video to your device, as well as support for 1 Gbit LAN network connection. Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR. 5.8G dual-WiFi and 1000Mbps LAN run internet, streaming and audio perfectly without jerking, which allows you to play 4K@60fps, 3D and H.256 videos smoothly
The GT-King Pro measures 119mm x 119mm x 17.9mm and weighs 380g. The build quality is excellent. Not only does the box look extremely polished, but it also feels pretty sturdy， and may even survive some occasional falls.
The GT-King Pro offers even more connectivity options than the GT-King. It supports 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band Wi-Fi. Although without an exposed antenna, the device still has solid reception, it could pick up more Wi-Fi hotspots than most of my other TV boxes and mini PCs. The Ethernet jack also comes in handy when you want more stable connection via a cable. There’s also Bluetooth 4.1 on board to take care of local data transfer and connecting with audio and input devices. The HDMI 2.1 port on the GT-King Pro can output videos up to 4K@75Hz, and should support most TV sets, monitors and projectors. In comparison, the Nvidia Shield TV and many other TV boxes are still using HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 ports.
The remote control is equipped with a microphone for working with a TV set-top box using voice commands. With the help of an IR transmitter, the media player is only turned on and off, and the rest of the commands from the console and the voice is transmitted via a 2.4G transmitter. Rubber buttons are easily pressed, and the case is comfortable on the palm of your hand.
– Make Your Home Become A Cinema. Beelink GT-King Pro adopts the latest Amlogic S922X-H chip (Quad-core Cortex-A73 @ 2.21 GHz Dual-core Cortex-A53 @ 1.8 GHz), which is the strongest chip in TV box at present. This TV box features high-end Hi-Fi lossless sound quality and Dolby sound effects to give you an immersive hearing and viewing experience, which is one of the most cost-effective products.
– DTS Listen Dolby Audio. Beelink GT-King Pro features DTS listen Dolby audio decoding, that offer Hi-Fi losses sound quality to you for immersive experience.
– Amlogic S922X-H Hexa-core CPU Hexa-core ARM G52 MP6 GPU. With the high-performance CPU GPU, making the GT-King Pro TV box runs fast and smoothly with excellent heat-dissipation, never worry about buffering and overheat while you are watching movies or playing games.
– 4GB RAM 64GB ROM. 4GB RAM 64GB ROM storage memory allows you to display HD video smoothly and download massive resources from the Internet, it is large enough to store large numbers of movie and Applications and browse the web etc.
– 2.4G Voice Remote Control. Just speak to the 2.4G voice remote control, and it will operate the TV box based on your demand, such as the best action movies, today’s weather or the latest news.
– 2.4GHz + 5.8GHz. Dual-band dual WiFi connectivity for efficient, stable data and video output on your device 24/7. 2.4G plus 5.8G dual-WiFi and 1000Mbps LAN run internet, streaming and audio perfectly without jerking, which allows you to play 4K @ 75fps , 3D and H.256 videos smoothly.
– Android 9.0 OS. Adapted Android 9.0 operation system for strong compatibility, it is compatible with more software, games, and applications to improve user experience.
– Support 4K 60fps Resolution. Support multi-video decoder up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps + 1x1080P @ 60fps, which provides much more detailed and better-looking image.
– Unique Skull Design. With the design of skull pattern style, it is also a exquisite ornament when you place the equipment for your bedroom, sitting room.
Beelink GT-King Pro Box Ports
3 x USB 3.0 Port
1 x USB 2.0 Port (OTG)
1 x HDMI 2.1 connector up to 4K@75fps
1 x RJ45 (1000 Mbps)
1 x SD card Port
1 x DC-in Port
1 x RS232 DB9 port
1 x Headphone jack audio output
1 x Reset button
1 x Power On/Off button
1 x Infrared Receiver
1 x Power LED light
Model: GT-King Pro
Type: Android 9 TV Box with Voice Remote
CPU: Amlogic S922X-H
GPU: Arm Mali G52 MP6
RAM: 4GB DDR4
ROM: 64GB internal storage
Max. Extended Capacity: 128GB
5G WiFi: Yes
WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
RJ45 Port Speed: 1000Mbps
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR
HDMI Version: 2.1
HDMI Function: HDCP
Power Consumption: 8W
Decoder Format: H.263, H.264, H.265, HD MPEG4
Audio format: AVI, DAT, ISO, MKV, MP4, MPEG, RM, WMV
Video format: AVI, DAT, ISO, MKV, MP4, MPEG, RM, WMV
Photo Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIFF
Maximum External Hard Drives Capacity: 4TB
Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
Power Supply: Charge Adapter
Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Power Input Vol: 12V
Power Adapter Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
Product weight: 380g
Product size (L x W x H): 11.90 x 11.90 x 1.79 cm / 4.69 x 4.69 x 0.7 inches
System version: 64Bit
Android Security patch level: August 5, 2018
Kernel version: 4.9.113
Build number: 905K0 updated to 906K0
1 x Beelink GT-King Pro TV Box
1 x Power Adapter 5V 2A model KA2401A-1202000EU
1 x HDMI Cable
1 x Voice Remote Control
1 x Multi-language User Manual (English / German / Spanish / Italian / French / Russian / Japanese)
1 x Satisfaction Card
Photo gallery full album here. Official website here. More about Beelink devices here. Unboxing Beelink GT-King, the Most Powerful Android TV Box here. Here you can read about the unboxing of Beelink GT1 TV Box. Unboxing Beelink GT1-A Smart TV Box with Voice Remote here.