Oukitel A28 smartwatch is equipped with a lot of functions, such as Bluetooth dialing, notices reminding, music playing, sports tracking, heart rate monitoring, Bluetooth remote camera and so on.
Oukitel A28 smartwatch
Oukitel A28 smartwatch is equipped with a lot of functions, such as Bluetooth dialing, notices reminding, music playing, sports tracking, heart rate monitoring, Bluetooth remote camera and so on. Tech specs include a 1.54 inch 240 x 240 display, Mediatek MT2502A processor, 13 meter operating range (from a connected Bluetooth device) and a 250mAh battery good for 100 hours of standby.! More details about Oukitel A28 smartwatch you’ll find here.
BTW, you can now buy Oukitel A28 smartwatch from coolicool.com for only $53.99 with free shipping if you’ll use this coupon code: CICA28. (regular price: $56.99).
Oukitel A28 Hands-On & First impressions
To properly use the smartwatch and to pair it via Bluetooth with your mobile device, smartphone or tablet, with Android or iOs, you have to go to you phone applications, open the one called ‘Quick Response’ and a QR code will appear right away. Scan it with an QR Scanner applications and you’ll be redirect to http://c3.cli.im/BdF06M link, which will sent you at this web address, to download the dedicated applications, accordind to your device OS:
Apple App Store
百度语音 (Baidu SpeechEngine)
You can download an older version (V1.1.1 from 17 April 2015) of MediaTek SmartDevice from Playstore
. You can also download the latest version v.2015.07.06 of MediaTekSmartDevice.apk & speechengine.apk from here
or from here
(12 MB). Install MediaTek SmartDevice application and launch it, activate Bluetooth when you are asked. On Oukitel A28 smartwatch make sure to go in ‘Settings’ –> ‘BT Settings’–> Turn Visibility On and Turn Power On.
Mediatek SmartDevice app
1. The application needs to work with Mediatek (MTK) wearable device (e.g. based MTK2502 chip wearable products).
2. The application can connect with wearable product through SPP mode or GATT (BLE) mode. (depends on your wearable device HW capability)
3. :The GATT mode can work normally need below two conditions and BLE is connected.
1) The Android platform is equal or higher Android 4.3 (API 18).
2) The hardware of smart phone need support BLE.
The application can support below functions:
1. The application can scan wearable devices in SPP or GATT mode.
2. The application can install or uninstall Linkit app to watch through “My Applications” item.
E.g. Yahoo Weather/Digit clock/Codoon app
3. The application can listen and push Smart Phone notification to watch.
The application can parse the notification attributes : action/group/big text view/page.
And watch and sync operation with phone.
4. The application can edit contact(name and number) or other attributes for making SOS call in wearable device.
5. The application can find the wearable device through “Find device”.
6. The application will notify alert when the distance between phone and wearable device is unmatched the set value.
7. The application can push smart phone inbox message to wearable device through MAP feature.
8. The application integrate with Google fit and can view fitness data in Google fit application after login in Google account.
E.g. step/calorie/distance/heart rate
9. The application can show the battery captivity of wearable device.
10. The application can send firmware data to wearable device to do upgrade action.
11. The application can push incoming call to wearable device when Hands-Free Profile(HFP) is disable.
12. The application can sync time/zone/time format(12/24 hour format) to wearable device.
13. The application support auto connect.
14. The application can modify the connected device’s name through “Change Name” item.
15. The application can show the information of the connected device through “Device info” item.
Below functions need start operation on watch port:
1: Remote capture
The watch can preview and capture a picture through open Smart Phone camera simultaneously.
2: BT music
You can control the smart phone music media player to play/pause/pre/next/adjust volume.
Oukitel A28 has 21 icons for preinstalled applications:
– Phonebook, Dialer, Call Logs, Messaging, Remote notifier, Find my device, Alarm, Calendar, BT music, Remote Capture, BT Connection, File Manager, Pedometer, Sleep Monitor, Sedentary reminder, Heartrate, Sound recorder, Quick response, Calculator, Theme & Settings.
Via MediaTek SmartDevice application you can install on your Oukitel A28 ne apps and options, like I did: Y! Weather, Digital Clock & Codoon.
The actual firmware on Oukitel A28 smartwatch is: A28_128_T1_L2_G10_C_150617
Settings Menu looks like this:
1. BT Settings: Power & Visibility.
2. Clock: Clock type, Time sync, Date, Time & Time Format.
3. Sound: Alert type, Ringtone & Notification tone.
4. Volume: Multimedia, Ring & Notification.
5. Display: Mainmenu style, Brightness & Screen time out.
6. Motion: Motion sensor, Flip to mute incoming calls, Flip to mute alarm, Wake-up gesture.
7. International: Auto sync, Language (English, Francais, Espanol, jezyk polski, Portugues, Italiano, Deutsch, Bahasa Indonesia, Finnish, Turkce, Persian, Swedish, Russian, etc) & Name display.
8. Apps: Uninstall all.
Did this article help you? If so, please tell me in a comment what do you think about it.
Coolicool is one of the biggest online commercial corporations in Asia, committing itself to building a worldwide wholesale shop online. ince the moment we founded CooliCool, our vision was to empower people worldwide in buying and selling online. Whoever you are from, and wherever you are, CooliCool offers the same price to all: the lowest possible. Whether you’re a wholesaler looking forward to increasing revenues, a retailer who refuses to pay the high prices in your country, or a shopper looking to get hold of the latest products, CooliCool.com provides light-speed service and wholesale prices. We buy directly from an ever-expanding network of Chinese wholesale manufacturers, so we can keep costs low while maintaining the highest of standards. Coolicool is committed to becoming the most loved and trusted electronics marketplace by offering superior shopping experience, timely shipping, and stellar customer service.We have staffs dedicated to answering questions in our forums, and we offer pre-sale technical support on our site and via e-mail.
About Oukitel. Yunji Intelligent Technology
Any successful enterprise that is ambitious will be found with great courage and a hundred percent of focus. The company of OUKITEL, Shenzhen Yunji Intelligent Technology Co. Ltd, was founded in Shenzhen China at the starting era of smartphone in 2007, which is a high-tech company focusing on mobile devices design, R&D, production, sales and customer care service both in China mainland and overseas. With National GSM/CDMA mobile phone license in 2008, the company built R&D centers in Shanghai and Shenzhen soon after. In 2009 the factory unit which is based in Guan Lan Silicon Valley passed ISO9001 system certification. With more than 1000 experienced employees, the factory is capable to deliver up to 20KK units of handset per year.
Don’t miss any of our future video tutorials, follow us on Youtube. Like us on Facebook. Add us in your circles on Google+. Watch our photo albums on Flickr. Subscribe now to our newsletter.